Genetic Hair Loss Test
A genetic hair loss test for male pattern baldness is now available at Dr. Jones’ Clinic.
Based on the recent discovery of two genetic variants that produce an astounding increase in the risk of hair loss, a genetic test is now available to predict the risk of hair loss or thinning.
The genetic test involves taking a swab sample from the inside of your mouth, which is tested for the two genes recently identified by researchers at McGill University to cause hair loss in Caucasian males.
Why should I take The Genetic Hair Loss Test?
- The Genetic Hair Loss Test predicts your risk for hair loss or thinning.
- It is ideal for patients who want to treat hair loss before it is noticeable.
- By the time thinning hair is noticeable, almost fifty percent of your hair could already be gone.
- Scalp treatments containing the hair regrowth ingredient, Minoxidil, are more effective if used on thinning hair, rather than on an area with severe balding.
- The Genetic Hair Loss Test will help predict hair loss before you will see visible signs of balding, using your genetics to predict hair loss.
What will The Genetic Hair Loss Test tell me?
- The Genetic hair loss test for male pattern baldness reports the presence or absence of two specific genes identified by researchers at McGill to cause hair loss in Caucasian males.
- A positive test result means that the patient has the high-risk genes.
- Men who test negative have an 85% chance of not going bald by the age of 40
- Men who test positive have an 60% chance of going bald by the age of 40
How do I take the Genetic Hair Loss Test?