Hair Transplant OptionsUnderstanding your choices for reversing hair loss
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about hair transplants. Use the information below to separate fact from fiction and become a more informed consumer.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
Guys who are dealing with hair loss often panic and look for a quick-fix solution. This is understandable, but getting a hair transplant should not be a snap decision. Below are some of the most important things you need to consider.
- How severe is your hair loss? If your hair loss is mild, getting a hair transplant might be overkill. It’s important to know that after your first get a hair transplant, there can be some shock loss and it takes a while for the newly transplanted hair to grow in. Therefore, hair transplants are much better suited to those with moderate to severe hair loss.
- When did you first notice it? If you’ve only just noticed your hair thinning, it’s important not to panic and consider all your options first. Getting a hair transplant is usually something people take a long time to think about.
- Have you tried treatments? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. There are now proven treatments available for tackling hair loss, and if they work well for you, you might have no reason to get a hair transplant.
Types of hair transplants
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplants are one of the two main procedures used today. With an FUE procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted from the back of the patient’s head and transplanted to the recipient area (where the hair is thinning).
- FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) differs from FUE in that the donorhair is extracted in a strip, rather than individually. This is why FUT is often referred to as a “strip procedure.” Although both procedures are effective, FUT is more invasive and leaves a visible scar on the back of the head, meaning it is not the best option for those who want to cut their hair short.
Do hair transplants provide natural results?
A big fear that a lot of guys have about hair transplants is that they’ll look phony. This fear is unfounded, however, since modern transplant techniques are very refined and make use of individual hair follicles, providing extremely natural-looking results.
What are the risks?
Generally the risks associated with hair transplants are very low. The most important thing to realize is that when the new hair is transplanted, it will fall out at first and then grow back. This is a completely normal part of the process but it’s certainly worth knowing since some guys can be disturbed by this if they’re not aware of it.
Dr. Jones has done fantastic work for me. He corrected the work of doctors before him and Im amazed at how successful the procedure turned out. I may be old school, but I like going to any professional my age. The experience definitely matters. Im forever grateful.
Joey | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
Losing your hair is frustrating, especially when it becomes increasingly difficult to hide your degree of hair loss from the world. Hair transplant surgery can be an excellent investment in your self-esteem, but not all hair transplantation procedures and...read more
Follicular unit extraction, or FUE, is one of the most innovative techniques for hair transplantation available. With such new and advanced technology…read more
Al Shamas is one of the best known Toronto hair stylists and also a happy patient of our center! His result here was awesome and we love to visit Al when we need a cut and style. Check out Al's Spa & Salon:Www.salondolcevita.comread more
Stress And Hair Loss The modern world sometimes feels like it been specifically designed to cause the people living in it as much stress as possible. Early man probably did have it harder, I mean let's face it if anyone of us had to face down a sabre tooth tiger we’d...read more
Different Hair, Different Person There are some celebrities that, if you picture them in your mind’s eye, it’s hard to imagine what they would look like if they had hair. For some post-hair actors, like Patrick Stewart for instance, being bald is a ubiquitous part of...read more
Demand for hair transplants has risen dramatically in recent years, and “How much does a hair transplant cost?” is now one of the most frequently asked questions surrounding the procedure. Stop Over paying For Hair Transplants Unfortunately, hair transplantation as an...read more