Hair Transplant OptionsUnderstanding your choices for reversing hair loss
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about hair transplants. Use the information below to separate fact from fiction and become a more informed consumer.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
Guys who are dealing with hair loss often panic and look for a quick-fix solution. This is understandable, but getting a hair transplant should not be a snap decision. Below are some of the most important things you need to consider.
- How severe is your hair loss? If your hair loss is mild, getting a hair transplant might be overkill. It’s important to know that after your first get a hair transplant, there can be some shock loss and it takes a while for the newly transplanted hair to grow in. Therefore, hair transplants are much better suited to those with moderate to severe hair loss.
- When did you first notice it? If you’ve only just noticed your hair thinning, it’s important not to panic and consider all your options first. Getting a hair transplant is usually something people take a long time to think about.
- Have you tried treatments? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. There are now proven treatments available for tackling hair loss, and if they work well for you, you might have no reason to get a hair transplant.
Types of hair transplants
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplants are one of the two main procedures used today. With an FUE procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted from the back of the patient’s head and transplanted to the recipient area (where the hair is thinning).
- FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) differs from FUE in that the donorhair is extracted in a strip, rather than individually. This is why FUT is often referred to as a “strip procedure.” Although both procedures are effective, FUT is more invasive and leaves a visible scar on the back of the head, meaning it is not the best option for those who want to cut their hair short.
Do hair transplants provide natural results?
A big fear that a lot of guys have about hair transplants is that they’ll look phony. This fear is unfounded, however, since modern transplant techniques are very refined and make use of individual hair follicles, providing extremely natural-looking results.
What are the risks?
Generally the risks associated with hair transplants are very low. The most important thing to realize is that when the new hair is transplanted, it will fall out at first and then grow back. This is a completely normal part of the process but it’s certainly worth knowing since some guys can be disturbed by this if they’re not aware of it.
Dr. Jones has done fantastic work for me. He corrected the work of doctors before him and Im amazed at how successful the procedure turned out. I may be old school, but I like going to any professional my age. The experience definitely matters. Im forever grateful.
Joey | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
In contrast with older hair transplant techniques, which left patients with a long, linear incision and painful wound after surgery, today’s advanced follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair restoration surgeries do not involve painful incisions, stitches,...read more
1. A Good Diet A good diet is one of the best ways to ensure your hair is healthy and grows quickly. A good diet for your hair should include lots of vitamins, protein and healthy types of fat. If you find you're deficient of any particular vitamins or minerals, then...read more
Living in the appearance-obsessed world that we now find ourselves in, it's easy to just assume that any guy who is losing their hair should at least consider getting a hair transplant. The truth is there are plenty of guys with hair loss that wouldn't necessarily...read more
For a lot of Executives and People of Influence, the idea of a hair transplant can bring about a whole new set of problems. For many, having visible signs…read more
A lot of guys who are dealing with hair loss wonder when is the best time to get a hair transplant. The answer to this question will vary depending on the individual but there are some common signs that apply to most men. These include - Your hair loss has...read more
With the legalization of cannabis in Canada this week there has been a lot of discussion on the medicinal benefits and harmful effects of marijuana. When it comes to the general population of its users, this widely popular plant is used for a variety of reasons (and...read more