Hair Transplant OptionsUnderstanding your choices for reversing hair loss
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about hair transplants. Use the information below to separate fact from fiction and become a more informed consumer.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
Guys who are dealing with hair loss often panic and look for a quick-fix solution. This is understandable, but getting a hair transplant should not be a snap decision. Below are some of the most important things you need to consider.
- How severe is your hair loss? If your hair loss is mild, getting a hair transplant might be overkill. It’s important to know that after your first get a hair transplant, there can be some shock loss and it takes a while for the newly transplanted hair to grow in. Therefore, hair transplants are much better suited to those with moderate to severe hair loss.
- When did you first notice it? If you’ve only just noticed your hair thinning, it’s important not to panic and consider all your options first. Getting a hair transplant is usually something people take a long time to think about.
- Have you tried treatments? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. There are now proven treatments available for tackling hair loss, and if they work well for you, you might have no reason to get a hair transplant.
Types of hair transplants
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplants are one of the two main procedures used today. With an FUE procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted from the back of the patient’s head and transplanted to the recipient area (where the hair is thinning).
- FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) differs from FUE in that the donorhair is extracted in a strip, rather than individually. This is why FUT is often referred to as a “strip procedure.” Although both procedures are effective, FUT is more invasive and leaves a visible scar on the back of the head, meaning it is not the best option for those who want to cut their hair short.
Do hair transplants provide natural results?
A big fear that a lot of guys have about hair transplants is that they’ll look phony. This fear is unfounded, however, since modern transplant techniques are very refined and make use of individual hair follicles, providing extremely natural-looking results.
What are the risks?
Generally the risks associated with hair transplants are very low. The most important thing to realize is that when the new hair is transplanted, it will fall out at first and then grow back. This is a completely normal part of the process but it’s certainly worth knowing since some guys can be disturbed by this if they’re not aware of it.
Dr. Jones has done fantastic work for me. He corrected the work of doctors before him and Im amazed at how successful the procedure turned out. I may be old school, but I like going to any professional my age. The experience definitely matters. Im forever grateful.
Joey | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
If you are currently suffering from hair loss then the chances are you've thought about getting a hair transplant. Hair transplantation is one of those areas where myths and half-truths still exist even today. Because of this, some people are put off by the thought of...read more
Throughout his years in practice as one of the world’s most respected and in-demand hair restoration surgeons, Dr. Robert Jones has helped thousands of satisfied patients regain their self-confidence and quality of life with his skills, expertise and...read more
Are hair transplants painful? When weighing the factors of a hair transplant there are a lot of things to consider before you commit. One thing that many…read more
If your thinning or balding hair has made you self-conscious, you may feel like that’s the only thing people will notice about you. However, now, you don’t have to worry about concealing it with hats, scarves or wigs anymore. Dr. Robert Jones, a...read more
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve likely heard about beard implants over the last few years. This guide to beard transplants is designed to help you learn more about beard transplant techniques and determine if you are a good candidate for beard surgery.read more
It's no secret that hair loss and thinning can easily affect a person's confidence level. But what if you have to deal with it while all eyes are watching? Gareth Gates In late October, former POP IDOL star Gareth Gates admitted to going under the knife to increase...read more