Hair Transplant OptionsUnderstanding your choices for reversing hair loss
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about hair transplants. Use the information below to separate fact from fiction and become a more informed consumer.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
Guys who are dealing with hair loss often panic and look for a quick-fix solution. This is understandable, but getting a hair transplant should not be a snap decision. Below are some of the most important things you need to consider.
- How severe is your hair loss? If your hair loss is mild, getting a hair transplant might be overkill. It’s important to know that after your first get a hair transplant, there can be some shock loss and it takes a while for the newly transplanted hair to grow in. Therefore, hair transplants are much better suited to those with moderate to severe hair loss.
- When did you first notice it? If you’ve only just noticed your hair thinning, it’s important not to panic and consider all your options first. Getting a hair transplant is usually something people take a long time to think about.
- Have you tried treatments? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. There are now proven treatments available for tackling hair loss, and if they work well for you, you might have no reason to get a hair transplant.
Types of hair transplants
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplants are one of the two main procedures used today. With an FUE procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted from the back of the patient’s head and transplanted to the recipient area (where the hair is thinning).
- FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) differs from FUE in that the donorhair is extracted in a strip, rather than individually. This is why FUT is often referred to as a “strip procedure.” Although both procedures are effective, FUT is more invasive and leaves a visible scar on the back of the head, meaning it is not the best option for those who want to cut their hair short.
Do hair transplants provide natural results?
A big fear that a lot of guys have about hair transplants is that they’ll look phony. This fear is unfounded, however, since modern transplant techniques are very refined and make use of individual hair follicles, providing extremely natural-looking results.
What are the risks?
Generally the risks associated with hair transplants are very low. The most important thing to realize is that when the new hair is transplanted, it will fall out at first and then grow back. This is a completely normal part of the process but it’s certainly worth knowing since some guys can be disturbed by this if they’re not aware of it.
Dr. Jones has done fantastic work for me. He corrected the work of doctors before him and Im amazed at how successful the procedure turned out. I may be old school, but I like going to any professional my age. The experience definitely matters. Im forever grateful.
Joey | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
Blog and News
Deciding to get hair transplant surgery will undoubtedly affect your quality of life. A successful procedure will be a milestone that makes you feel more confident in your appearance and gives you a self-esteem boost for many years. On the other hand, ending up under...read more
DID ELON MUSK GET A HAIR TRANSPLANT? Tech CEO and visionary Elon Musk has made headlines for many years – for his formidable wealth, his outlandish behavior, and most recently, his highly visible lawsuit with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission...read more
If thinning hair is affecting your self-esteem and you are researching hair restoration surgery as a way to restore a full head of hair, your first concern is probably how much the procedure will cost. The No. 1 consideration when trying to figure out how...read more
When men lose their hair, its commonly accepted as general aging. Of course, hair loss is damaging to a males self-esteem. When women begin to lose their hair, the psychological damageread more
If you are considering undergoing a hair transplant, it’s best to educate yourself before you commit to the surgery, so you have realistic expectations going in. One thing to be especially mindful of is the timeline of growth and what you can expect in terms of...read more
How To Have Healthy Hair Everyone wants to have nice hair. As the saying goes, ‘different hair, different person’. If you’ve ever gone too long between hair cuts you know how psychology unpleasant that experience is. Having your hair move beyond the threshold...read more