Hair Transplant OptionsUnderstanding your choices for reversing hair loss
There’s a lot of misinformation out there about hair transplants. Use the information below to separate fact from fiction and become a more informed consumer.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
Guys who are dealing with hair loss often panic and look for a quick-fix solution. This is understandable, but getting a hair transplant should not be a snap decision. Below are some of the most important things you need to consider.
- How severe is your hair loss? If your hair loss is mild, getting a hair transplant might be overkill. It’s important to know that after your first get a hair transplant, there can be some shock loss and it takes a while for the newly transplanted hair to grow in. Therefore, hair transplants are much better suited to those with moderate to severe hair loss.
- When did you first notice it? If you’ve only just noticed your hair thinning, it’s important not to panic and consider all your options first. Getting a hair transplant is usually something people take a long time to think about.
- Have you tried treatments? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. There are now proven treatments available for tackling hair loss, and if they work well for you, you might have no reason to get a hair transplant.
Types of hair transplants
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplants are one of the two main procedures used today. With an FUE procedure, hair follicles are individually extracted from the back of the patient’s head and transplanted to the recipient area (where the hair is thinning).
- FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) differs from FUE in that the donorhair is extracted in a strip, rather than individually. This is why FUT is often referred to as a “strip procedure.” Although both procedures are effective, FUT is more invasive and leaves a visible scar on the back of the head, meaning it is not the best option for those who want to cut their hair short.
Do hair transplants provide natural results?
A big fear that a lot of guys have about hair transplants is that they’ll look phony. This fear is unfounded, however, since modern transplant techniques are very refined and make use of individual hair follicles, providing extremely natural-looking results.
What are the risks?
Generally the risks associated with hair transplants are very low. The most important thing to realize is that when the new hair is transplanted, it will fall out at first and then grow back. This is a completely normal part of the process but it’s certainly worth knowing since some guys can be disturbed by this if they’re not aware of it.
Dr. Jones has done fantastic work for me. He corrected the work of doctors before him and Im amazed at how successful the procedure turned out. I may be old school, but I like going to any professional my age. The experience definitely matters. Im forever grateful.
Joey | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
Blog and News
CBD and Your Hair Have you been running out of options when trying new things to improve the health of your hair? There's nothing quite like a day where you feel like your hair's looking full, falling exactly where you want it to, and feeling smooth and healthy. The...read more
Choosing the Best Hair Transplant Specialist So you've decided to board the hair transplant train. You've been toying with the idea for months or maybe even years, and you feel relieved to know your decision's finally been made. It hasn't been an easy decision,...read more
Your hair is an integral part of your identity and self-esteem. When you start noticing thinning hair, it can affect many aspects of your life, and can change the way you feel about yourself. A hair transplant surgery is the best way to permanently regain...read more
What is DHT and How Does it Affect Hair Loss? Have you ever wondered why some people have naturally abundant bountiful locks and others are much less fortunate? Why do some men start losing their hair before they finish high school and why do others gracefully ease...read more
Deciding to undergo a hair transplant is a significant decision, and something you should never take lightly. A well-done hair restoration surgery can provide a long-lasting self-esteem boost and help you feel more confident in your appearance, while one...read more
When it comes to self-esteem, many factors and driving forces can alter our perception of ourselves. Whether it be work-related, such as being declined a project or promotion or gaining weight from new medication, drastic or undesirable circumstances in...read more