factors that affect the cost of FUE hair transplants are the future of hair transplant surgery.
Let’s take a deep dive to explore what factors influence the costs associated with hair transplants.
- First of all, hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure, and most cosmetic procedures are expensive.
Your hair loss pattern is unique, and so your treatment needs to be customized based on your hair loss situation. Moreover, insurance does not cover the costs of cosmetic procedures. The physician will have to take the time to assess your baldness pattern and recommend the right choice of procedure that will suit you ideally.
- More than one hair transplant session will be required, depending on your hair loss pattern.
Multiple sessions of hair transplants are usually required for patients for good results. Remember that hair loss will still continue to progress even after you undergo the hair transplant.
Download Free Ebook Essential Guide To FUE
- Since hair restoration procedure needs to be done procedurally and thoroughly, it is in your best interest to get a reputable surgeon such as Dr. Jones to do your procedure.
Quality comes with a price. The repute and the expertise and experience of the surgeon in the field counts a lot, as you are entrusting the surgeon with the responsibility of providing you an improved self-esteem and personality.
- FUE is a time-consuming procedure involving recovering the hair grafts and then implanting the grafts where hair growth is minimal or has stopped completely.
Hair transplant surgery requires quite a lot of time for the procedure depending on the number of grafts to be extracted and then implanted. The time factor and the reason that the procedure should be performed meticulously and quickly (due to the fact that the extracted grafts have a short survival time) contribute to a higher price.
- Pricing depends on the type of procedure used. Generally, FUE is a more expensive procedure, but well worth it for its proven results. Neograft FUE is also a more expensive procedure compared to regular FUE.
Other factors include:
- Equipment costs for the procedure – The more sophisticated and latest technologies involve higher costs than outdated techniques.
- Staff and labor costs involved with the procedure
- Complexity of the hair transplant such as primary/secondary/tertiary transplant
- The number of grafts that are transplanted – The higher the number of grafts required, the higher the costs, though most clinics use a sliding scale to charge patients based upon the grafts.
What Do Other Doctors Offer?
We reached out to two other hair transplant surgeons for comparison. After consultations with each, the first only offered the follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) procedure. The other did FUE, but offered several sessions of 400-500 grafts per day and the cost per graft was much higher than what Dr. Jones charges. Due to Dr. Jones’ extensive experience with the FUE procedure, he can extract 1,800 FUE grafts in 2.5 hours
Consultations and Customer Support
Another thing to note is that at other consultations, you may meet with a salesperson instead of a surgeon. However, with Dr. Jones, you will deal with Dr. Jones himself. Nothing can replace the feeling of assurance, knowing you are dealing directly with the person who will be performing the procedure. Even after the procedure is complete, you can contact Dr. Jones directly to ask questions.
During the procedure, the only pain experienced is the initial pinprick of the needle for the local anesthetic. After that, the procedure is quite comfortable. After the procedure, you will be given a prescription for Tylenol 2. However, after the first day, painkillers may not be required.
Dr. Jones’ ability to provide this state-of-the-art procedure at a reasonable cost speaks directly to his research and experience with the procedure and his ability to refine his technique and skills. Toronto Hair Transplant Centre offers the latest hair transplant techniques that provide proven results at wallet-friendly prices. Contact us today to schedule your first consultation with Dr. Jones!
At 62, with no immediate plans of retirement, I erred on the side of a full hairline where one once lived decades ago. Clearly, the feedback from my extensive FUE research, held Dr. Jones and team in high regard. Today, exactly 12 months later, I would be remiss if I did not add to the long history of success stories. He and his team explained every step from initial consult to month by month expectations. His technical skills are surpassed only by his knowledge and ever-available support along the way. The backdrop in my pics are no longer seen through the middle of my scalp. Instead, I present a definitive hairline as well as natural fill to the back of my head.
My advice: do it before your dome becomes too pronounced.
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!
Thank you Dr. Robert Jones and team – I’m proud to be your senior poster child!
Ron Zito | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
In contrast with older hair transplant techniques, which left patients with a long, linear incision and painful wound after surgery, today’s advanced follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair restoration surgeries do not involve painful incisions, stitches,...read more
1. A Good Diet A good diet is one of the best ways to ensure your hair is healthy and grows quickly. A good diet for your hair should include lots of vitamins, protein and healthy types of fat. If you find you're deficient of any particular vitamins or minerals, then...read more
Living in the appearance-obsessed world that we now find ourselves in, it's easy to just assume that any guy who is losing their hair should at least consider getting a hair transplant. The truth is there are plenty of guys with hair loss that wouldn't necessarily...read more
For a lot of Executives and People of Influence, the idea of a hair transplant can bring about a whole new set of problems. For many, having visible signs…read more
A lot of guys who are dealing with hair loss wonder when is the best time to get a hair transplant. The answer to this question will vary depending on the individual but there are some common signs that apply to most men. These include - Your hair loss has...read more
With the legalization of cannabis in Canada this week there has been a lot of discussion on the medicinal benefits and harmful effects of marijuana. When it comes to the general population of its users, this widely popular plant is used for a variety of reasons (and...read more