Meet Dr. Jones Dr. Robert Jones is a leading Hair Transplant Specialist.
If you are seeking a surgical solution to address your hair loss, you may be wondering how to find the right doctor. There are specially trained professionals who practice cosmetic hair restoration, but not all of them are physicians. Also, an increasing number of people are performing unlicensed hair restoration surgical techniques, putting their patients at risk.
Why should you choose a physician to help with your hair loss? Physicians have unique training and education that allows them to combine both the scientific and aesthetic aspects of hair restoration techniques. Hair growth, hair loss and hair restoration are truly more than just skin-deep issues; they are whole-body phenomena. A physician learns a holistic approach in medical school, and brings that viewpoint to their everyday practice of hair restoration.
Dr. Robert Jones – A Preeminent Hair Transplant Specialist
Toronto-based surgeon Dr. Robert Jones’ expertise in the field of hair transplantation has led to many breakthroughs and accolades. Dr. Jones is now recognized worldwide as an innovator in hair transplant techniques, and patients from as far away as Africa, Asia and Australia have come to his clinic in Oakville, Ontario, seeking treatments.
A Hair Transplant Pioneer
Dr. Jones was one of the earliest adopters of the innovative hair restoration technique known as follicular unit extraction, or FUE. FUE hair transplants allow the transplantation of individual hair follicles, and do not require incisions or stitches. Dr. Jones has been providing FUE to his patients for nearly a decade and a half, and he was the first doctor in the world to perform large sessions using this technique. Today, he regularly performs 3,000- to 4,000-graft FUE cases in a single day.
Hair transplants performed via FUE look totally natural, and the new hairs continue to grow and thrive after surgery. Dr. Jones’ high level of skill results in the ultimate goal of hair restoration: virtually undetectable, totally natural-looking transplants. With a fine attention to detail, his precise approach allows him to control the pattern and direction of each individual hair.
Unfortunately, some people who claim to be hair transplant specialists do not take the individual’s appearance and personal style into account, which results in an unnatural look. As a physician whose practice is dedicated to full-time hair transplants, Dr. Jones provides his patients with unparalleled results.
Dr. Jones’ Awards and Accolades
In 2015, Dr. Jones was honored by being named a Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. This singular designation recognizes surgeons who strive for excellence in this specialized field of cosmetic surgery.
To maintain this status, the surgeon must continue to meet established educational criteria over time, including achieving a specific level of points in a system of various educational parameters, such as serving in leadership positions, American Board of Hair Restoration certification, publishing scientific papers and teaching at scientific programs.
Dr. Jones has published articles about his practice and techniques in multiple newspapers and on hair restoration websites. He has been featured on CBC TV, Canada AM, CTV News and other local television stations to discuss his innovative approach to hair restoration. HairSite.com, a leading hair restoration website, has also recognized his state-of-the-art clinic as the No. 1 hair transplant facility in Toronto.
Dr. Jones is a medical professional whose commitment to providing a high-quality surgical outcome is paramount. He has been practicing medicine ever since earning his degree in 1979 from McMaster University’s Department of Medicine. He also took continuing education courses in cosmetic laser surgery at both Harvard and Loyola Universities.
What to Look for in a Hair Restoration Surgeon
Getting hair restoration surgery is an investment in yourself – in your self-esteem, your confidence levels and your appearance. You owe it to yourself to learn as much as you can before making a final decision on what physician you want to work with.
- Experience – Experience is paramount when choosing a good hair restoration surgeon. Your goal should be to find a surgeon who has completed many FUE procedures. Not all hair transplant professionals specialize in the same techniques, so someone who has extensive experience with FUE is ideal.
- Credentials and Training – The more qualified the surgeon is, the better. A highly regarded hair transplant surgeon will be proud to share their qualifications.
- Testimonials – Look for genuine testimonials and case studies from past patients your surgeon has worked with. It will let you know that your surgeon is skilled and will give you a lot more confidence that you’ll be happy with the results.
- Before-and-After Pictures – Like testimonials, it is important to ask your hair transplant doctor to provide several sets of before-and-after photos taken in consistent lighting.
- Your Comfort Level With the Physician – Having a compatible patient/physician relationship is an invaluable part of your satisfaction with your surgical outcome. Schedule a consultation with the physician you are considering working with. Bring a list of questions to ask about the procedure. Are you satisfied that the physician spent enough time with you, listened to all your questions and answered them to your satisfaction?
Questions to Ask Your Hair Restoration Surgeon
As mentioned earlier, having a consultation with the surgeon can help you establish a relationship and give you a clearer idea of what to expect from the procedure. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What does the procedure entail? Knowing every detail of what you are about to undergo will make you an informed patient and will also help you feel more comfortable about getting the surgery done.
- How long will it take? Be aware of the time commitment involved, which will mostly depend on how many grafts you require.
- What results can I expect? Your results will depend on the severity of your balding and the quality of your donor hair. Only a surgeon who has met with you in person will be able to answer this question fully.
- Is your practice dedicated solely to the art and science of surgical hair restoration? Again, it is important to look for a doctor with extensive experience in the procedure. If your surgeon is not a full-time specialist in hair restoration, be sure to ask what percentage of his/her practice is dedicated to the procedure.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation With Dr. Jones
If you want to know more about your hair restoration options, contact us today to book your consultation with Dr. Jones. He has helped people from all corners of the world restore their naturally growing hair with his cutting-edge techniques and equipment.
I had my procedure done in January 2014. Dr.Jones and his staff were absolutely first class and I’m tremendously happy with the results. It was the best decision I have made to consult with Dr.Jones and move forward with the transplant. I feel great having a fuller head of hair and the staff walks you through every step and makes the process and procedure easily manageable. If you are considering a transplant take the first step and consult with Dr. Jones. You will receive the best information, results and care. Thank you Dr.Jones and your great staff.
Brett C | READ ALL TESTIMONIALS
ALL ABOUT Dr. Jones meet your hair transplant specialist
Do you have frayed hair and split ends? Have you ever looked at your hair and wondered, "what happened?" If your hair has become dry and brittle, the shaft can break much easier, making your hair appear damaged and thin. You may be able to help yourself out by using...read more
Many men and women consider having hair restoration procedures. In fact, you might be wondering what the difference is between hair transplants here in North America and those overseas. To go outside of your country for a hair transplant will cost you extra time and...read more
Hair loss is one of the most unfortunate – and often unavoidable – effects of aging. Men and women suffering from thinning and lost hair may be struggling with self-confidence or embarrassment in social situations. Once considered to be purely in the realm...read more
Have you heard the amazing news about platelet-rich plasma yet? Commonly referred to as PRP, this groundbreaking medical treatment works by supplying the body with natural proteins, cytokines, stem cells and other bioactive growth factors. Though...read more
There was a time when the only option for cough, balding men, cough, to style their hair was to embrace the dad-ring around the parameter, pick up an electric razor and go commando, toupée shop for a little extra coverage or shell out for 1970s-style...read more
Because our hair is such a prominent feature, hair loss can have a profound effect on our self-esteem. Many people feel their hair loss makes them appear less attractive, youthful, vital and desirable. Some may struggle to find a romantic partner, or to get hired for...read more